Quality Assurance Engineer
In this role, the Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for testing large scale websites, multiple web browsers and distributed systems as needed.
Must Have Skills:
• Work independently as a fully engaged member of the Automation / Performance team operating in a Scrum team.
• Create, maintain and execute automation test scripts using Selenium.
• Record automation results and perform detailed initial root cause investigation of failures.
• Create and maintain modular performance test scripts using JMeter.
• Track and report on performance via automated performance, load, and endurance tests Identify load and scalability concerns for web-based applications using a continuous integration process
Good to have:
• Create and maintain Automated Acceptance Tests via FitNesse
• Part of the support process to help diagnose issues and test hotfixes before they are released.
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a comparable University level program
• Minimum 4+ years of commercial experience in testing Web and Client/Server applications
• Minimum 4+ years of experience working with automated web UI testing (Selenium, etc.)
• Deep understanding of performance testing principles and best practices
• Deep understanding of the best practices in creating system test scripts, test execution and defect reporting/tracking
• Experience in testing web applications across different platforms and browsers
• Strong troubleshooting and root cause analyses skills
• Understanding of the following Web technologies: HTTP(S), S/FTP, Web Services (SOAP, RESTful)
• Strong object oriented design and programming knowledge using Java
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (programming with T-SQL)
• Deep knowledge of different testing methods and a willingness to adapt to current needs.
• Experience testing high-scale, multi-tenant SaaS applications or large websites
• Experience with debugging tools like Firebug, IE Developer Tools, Chrome Developer Tools, etc.
• Experience with Team Foundation Server
• Experience with other eCommerce Products, OMS, CRM, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
• Experience with performance profiling tools (New Relic, ANTS, Microsoft, Dynatrace, AVI Code,etc.)